Fri, Jul 19|
Del Norte High School
Advanced Session #2: Mobility, Coordination & Endurance
Learn how to run faster, become a more efficient runner, reduce and prevent injuries. For advanced high school XC and track distance runners (800m+). Appropriate for 400m, 300-400m hurdles, college athletes, adults, and other endurance sports (e.g., soccer, lacrosse, basketball, etc.)
Time & Location
Jul 19, 2019, 9:30 AM – 1:00 PM PDT
Del Norte High School, 16601 Nighthawk Ln, San Diego, CA 92127, USA
About the event
1. Athlete and Parent Guide: If you are attending the event (or considering it) kindly review the Event Guide to best prepare and know what to expect.
2. Pre-Event Survey. If you are attending the event (or considering it) please fill in the Pre-Event Survey to help the coaches and staff plan.
Who it's for:
- High School XC & Track distance runners (800m+)
- High School 400m-800m sprinters, soccer, basketball, lacrosse, etc. players
- Early community college and NCAA runners
- Adult distance runners (800m+)
- Advanced youth distance runners (800m+)
What You Will Learn
- How to run faster
- Become a more efficient runner
- Reduce and prevent injuries
- How to succeed at CIF county and state meets
- How to succeed in the NCAA and beyond
Arrival and Check-in: 9:00-9:15am
- 9:30-10:00am - Introduction and dynamic warmup
Tests and Assessments (10:00-11:20)
- 10:00-10:25am - Endurance
- 10:30-10:50am - Mobility
- 11:00-11:20am - Coordination
Learning, Teaching, & Lunch (11:30-1:00)
- 11:30-11:45 - Review assessments and scores
- 11:45 -12:00 - Mobility exercises to reduce injuries
- 12:10-12:20 - Endurance VDOT & HR Zones
- 12:20-12:25 - Intro to Running Math & technology
- 12:25-12:30 - Intro to video gait analysis
- 12:30-12:45 - How to succeed long-term & personalize training
- 12:45-1:00 - Q&A with experts & coaches, take-home message, short speeches
Parent Attendance for Lunch from 12:00-1:00pm is highly encouraged!
Coaches and speakers
Four experts (athletes, coaches, therapists, and technologists) brought to you from USATF San Diego to Del Norte High School for this unique one-day clinic, workout, and learning opportunity.
- Jonathan Pierce, Stanford Track & Field Alum (3:45 in the 1500m, 8:45 Steeple chase), former professional runner, and one of the most respected therapists for distance runners in the world
- Meriah Earle, Certified VDOT coach, San Diego Track Club coach, SDSU alum (2:10 in the 800m at SDSU), still one of the top female distance runners in San Diego at age 41, with a marathon PR of 2:46
- Sean Pangelinan, former olympic endurance athlete and founder of The Fit Lab, one of San Diego's premier fitness facilities which specializes in body composition testing, heart rate testing, and body transformations
- Mickey Ferri, Ph.D., Economics, University of Chicago, Track & Field coach at Del Norte, intellectual property and technology expert at Insight Economics, founder of two exercise related companies to help athletes improve performance through data, technology, and math.
Come prepared to exercise, learn, and have fun! Dress in athletic clothing, and prepare as you would for an intense workout or competition. While snacks and water will be provided, we encourage you to bring your own as well. Click here for the Economics Athletes guide to prepare for track practice.
USATF Summer - Adv 2: MC&E
This is a ticket to the USATF Summer Clinic at Del Norte High School on July 19, 2019. Advanced Session #2: Mobility, Coordination & Endurance