Advanced Session #3: Preparation, Recovery & Nutrition
Time & Location
About the Event
2A. Nutrition & Recovery Pre-Event Survey - For ALL Athletes. If you are attending the event (or considering it) please fill in the Pre-Event Survey to help the coaches and staff plan.
2B. General Pre-Event Survey - For NEW Athletes only (If this is your FIRST clinic, please fill this in. If you already attended one of the previous clinics, no need to fill this in.
Who it's for:
- High School Track & Field athletes
- High School Athletes in other sports (Football, Volleyball, Soccer, Basketball, etc.)
- Advanced Youth Athletes
- Early community college and NCAA track & field athletes
- Adult athletes
What You Will Learn and Receive
- How to prepare mentally and physically for Peak Performance
- How to recover and take care of your body to avoid injuries
- Proper posture and physical preparation (The Egoscue Method)
- Receive a personalized posture assessment (The Egoscue Method) and learn how it relates to pain
- Body composition basics - body fat %, muscle mass, etc.
- Receive a personal body composition analysis
- What happens inside your body during exercise
- Nutrition for Peak Performance and Recovery
- Group Breakfast (Food area, 9:15-9:30) - Mickey
- Mental preparation (Food area, 9:30-10:00) - Mickey
- Physical Preparation & Recovery (Dance room, 10:00-11:00) - Brian
- Inside Your Body - Recovery & Energy Systems (AV room, 11:00-12:00) - Sean
- Body composition assessment - Athletes input numbers into formulations
- Lunch - Served by Robeks and Mary Schneider (Lunch area, 12:00-12:30) - Mary
- Prepare food (12-12:10)
- Eat food and review materials (12:10-12:30)
- Nutrition for Peak Performance & Recovery (AV room, 12:30-1:00) - Mary
Coaches and speakers
- Brian Bradley, Biomechanics expert, Egoscue Method, Speaker & coach for the NFL, YPO, and the Tony Robbins Companies
- Sean Pangelinan, former olympic endurance athlete and founder of The Fit Lab, one of San Diego's premier fitness facilities which specializes in body composition testing, heart rate testing, and body transformations
- Mary Schneider, Founder, Green Body Runner, Rabbit Elite marathon runner, high school state champion in cross country, Certified Plant Based Nutritionist and Holistic Nutritionist
- Mickey Ferri, Ph.D., Economics, University of Chicago, Track & Field coach at Del Norte, intellectual property and technology expert at Insight Economics, founder of two exercise related companies to help athletes improve performance through data, technology, and math, Event Host, Founder and President, Economics Athletes, USATF San Diego Board Member, Communications
Athlete Assessment and Off-season Training
As part of the clinic, each athlete will receive a FREE assessment of their body composition, individual habits in preparation, nutrition, and recovery. Athletes will receive personalized guidance on how to improve their own preparation, nutrition, and recovery.
Come prepared to eat, exercise, learn, and have fun! Dress in athletic clothing, and prepare as you would for a session with a physical therapist. Breakfast and lunch will be provided!
Wear comfortable shoes and clothes that will allow you to move. You will be learning some new exercises, but there will not be any intense workout during this clinic.
- USATF Summer - Adv 3: PR&N$60$600$0